WHY STEEL FRAME & TRUSS?
STRONGER, EASIER, MORE COST EFFECTIVE
Better for you and the environment
Precision engineered steel frames, fabricated to the highest standards
Build with Steel Frames
- Up to 50% faster to construct
- Up to 70% lighter than wood
- Up to 80% saved in engineering fees
- Cut to precise specifications, for more accurate construction
- Straighter and easier to assemble
- Stronger and more durable
Peace of Mind
Our light gauge steel frame and trusses are made with steel from Axxis® steel that has been developed and tested by New Zealand Steel, for New Zealand conditions.
Galvanised with a 100% zinc coating for protection, it is backed by a 50-year Durability Statement, so you can trust that Axxis® steel will stand the test of time.
Better Structural, Better Strength
Steel has the highest strength to weight ratio compared to most conventional building materials, and so is by far a superior construction material.
A steel framed home will always have straight walls and square corners. Over time there will be no aggravating nail pop ups or drywall cracks.
Steel does not warp, bow or twist due to shrinkage, ensuring no long term movement problems with the framing and trusses.
Light gauge steel frames can be used in all climate conditions. They are not affected by rain or the elements.
No drying-out is required prior to construction.
Steel framing can take popular finishes like brick, stucco and stone among others.
Better for your health
The Asthma Foundation has deemed Axxis® steel a ‘sensitive choice’, for the potential benefit it provides to people living with asthma and allergies. Steel is not treated with chemicals, so it won’t emit potentially harmful toxins.
Nor will it rot or support the growth of mould. Mould is a significant cause of poor indoor air quality which can result in respiratory ailments for many Kiwi’s. Steel framing can help resist the onset and growth of mould.
Mould requires an organic substrate such as wood to grow and thrive. Being inorganic, steel framing actually inhibits the growth of mould, and promotes a healthier, more comfortable living environment.
What's Hidden behind your wall Linings?
Steel Framing is the greener choice, here’s why
- 40 trees are required to frame an average sized house
- Just a handful of recycled cars are needed to frame a steel home
- There is also no waste. Every piece is cut to precise length
- Less transportation and construction time = reduced carbon emissions
- Fewer materials are needed because steel has the highest strength to weight ratio
- 650 million metric tons of steel are recycled every year
- Steel has a potentially never-ending life cycle that reduces production waste
- Design flexibility makes adding efficient insulation and solar panels easy
- Steel frames are not affected by humidity or temperature changes, so they are more energy-efficient too
More Durable, Stronger and straighter
Our light gauge steel frames are made with steel from Axxis® steel that has been developed and tested by New Zealand Steel, for NZ conditions. Galvanised with a 100% zinc coating for protection, it is backed by a 50-year Durability Statement, so you can trust that Axxis® steel will stand the test of time, As steel has the highest strength to weight ratio out of any building material, it is a superior construction material.
Steel Framing produces a straight and stable product that delivers an excellent finish. Build times are faster and construction more accurate. To make it easier, and to speed things up further, our framing is pre-punched with 32mm holes for electrical and plumbing services.
NZ Sourced and Manufactured
Our steel is 100% NZ sourced and manufactured, to ensure the highest quality. Beware of inferior imported steel, as they may not be suitable for NZ standards or as durable. Although they may appear cheaper, recent freight hikes have meant they can often end up costing more.
Our team are not just fabricators, but builders and designers too with over 40 years of construction experience. Our team is passionate about tiny homes. We’d love to build one of our Tiny Homes with you, to help make your dream a reality, so give us a call!
0800 000 222
Phone or email us, we have experts that can assist